Monday, June 20, 2011

Calmness at the Mercy Seat

“For every stormy wind that blows,
From every swelling tide of woes,
There is a calm, a sure retreat,
‘Tis’ found beneath the mercy seat.”

We have had several extended family members going through some storms for awhile. Meanwhile, we have had to make a lot of decisions the past few weeks, we are having to make a lot  more in the next few days, and we also have had some decisions made for us.  As things have come and gone, I have felt like we are in the eye of the storm and yet catching some of those strong turbulent winds. I was starting to feel slightly overwhelmed so I was glad we had planned some camping play time!

Interestingly enough, we happen to pick a spot where we physically camped in the middle of many storms that were not on the radar just 24 hours before we set up everything.  Amazingly, we did not feel or experience any of the tornadoes, hail or high winds that was surrounding us.  We did get rained on though and it spoiled some really important things that we had planned for some of the Children.  But, through out the day, we were given short opprotunities to get out and enjoy the area and every night God allowed us to see some amazing sunsets.  I thought to myself as I saw the above lines of a hymn and this picture that I took,  "Thank You, God for the reminder of your calmness at the mercy seat and to confirm that indeed You have us safely in the eye of the storm.  I needed that confirmation."

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture and I love the words of that hymn which I've never heard before. May He continue to guide you in your upcoming decisions...He is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so good to show us Himself. Your pictures is beautiful. I will say a prayer for you and your family as you continue to make these decisions. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May we never cease to be amazed at the wonder and beauty of His creations.

    I am thankful you were all kept safe and sound.

    May the Lord give you discernment for the decisions to be made and may you be content with those that were made for you.

    In Christ,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful photo, Carmen! Will be praying about the decisions that are being made for your family at present!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a photograph! Breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a gift to me and they warm my heart. I read and treasure every one. If you leave a comment, I will visit you as well. ~ Carmen