Friday, November 25, 2011

A Thanksgiving Hike

Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude. ~E.P. Powell

I am thankful for my Family! This Thanksgiving was spent hanging out at a State Resort Park. We had a lovely dinner at their Lodge and then spent the whole afternoon doing some hiking on the Chattahoochee Trail. 
Setting out on the trail.

He found an old fishing lure due to the lake being down 15 feet.
It is now apart of his treasure collection.

Enjoying some rock sitting.

Brothers Hugs and then a Take Down!

Tickling the Little Lady.

Doing more Rock climbing.

Silly Sisters

Skipping Rocks.


The Love of my Life

Being tortured for Christmas Pictures along the trail.
Over 300 snapped pictures through out the day. No family pictures made the cut! 
It looks like it will be a collage again this year.  
I hold out for the day when everyone wants to just get it over with so they will smile at the camera!

10 comments:

  1. Some day, Carmen - some day you'll get a pretty Christmas family photo!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated Thanksgiving! we don't celebrate it here in Australia but I think it's such a nice holiday to have, to remember to be thankful! love the family pic even if they all didn't smile / look at the camera at the same time:) I think it makes it more interesting actually:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE also enjoyed some beautiful hikes the Thanksgiving. I love the pictures. I think they are great. I understand on the family pictures. Blessings. Oh, I love that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like everyone had a great time. We are enjoying amazingly warm weather here for this time of year. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so beautiful Carmen! Truly so. Will be getting with you soon, it's been such a busy Thanksgiving.

    Lovely shots Carmen! Thanks for sharing dear one. You all make me smile. xxxooo Love,Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun Thanksgiving day!! Mine was great as well, spent with the darlin' daughter in Germany!! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures turned out beautiful! Looks like a wonderful day for a hike. Have a wonderful week!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! Everyone is getting so big!!

    I understand about the family pictures... unfortunately it doesn't seem to get much better when everyone gets older! Then you have to find one where everyone thinks they look okay in it. :P We ended up doing a collage last year, and this year, I tend to think that a old-fashioned Christmas card should be just fine!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these pictures, Carmen! Your family is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a gift to me and they warm my heart. I read and treasure every one. If you leave a comment, I will visit you as well. ~ Carmen