Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Greek/Latin Roots

Just as phonics help children to figure out what words are, Latin and Greek help them to figure out what words mean. Without an early working knowledge of these indispensable components of their language, children are handicapped in their ability to use words well. ~English from the Roots Up.


The Little Lady is working on learning Greek/Latin Root words.  
A friend, Jamie encouraged me to give this a try for language! 
I meant to show this weeks ago!
We are still just getting into it really well. So far, so good!
We will be working on flash cards soon!
I am not sure how to do a CM approach style with this but we will just sort of keep at it anyway.
(Thanks Jamie. Maybe, we can get you to do a post for us?!)



5 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Hope you are doing well!

    Blessings
    ,Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the underlining of the root in the vocabulary words! I wish I had thought of that...but I am SO going to use that idea for my next little Latin/Greek scholar! :)

    We've gone through both books now, and my girls are integrating Latin/Greek roots with the few Spanish words they know to create their own code language...it only helps to keep secrets from the dog since they keep teaching their brother the code, but at least they're having fun!

    (I owe you some emails...or maybe just a long one. Soon!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THat will help so much later in life. I remember one of my teachers made us learn latin words and I swear i still remember some of them and it is helpful when I run across a new or unusual word. Way to go momma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We plan on starting Latin one of these days..soon! Love the quote. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a gift to me and they warm my heart. I read and treasure every one. If you leave a comment, I will visit you as well. ~ Carmen