Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Pilot's "Mission -field"

"God has created me to do him some definite service; he has committed some work to me which he has not committed to another. I have my mission.... " - Newman


Every since Beloved has been 3 years old he has wanted to fly!
He never knew if his dream would come true.
But, it was a burning desire.
Could it be God's Mission for him?



He knew that his family couldn't afford for him to fly.
So, he joined the military and became a ....
Tanker! (giggle)



Then, he applied to flight school....
And, was told by many he wouldn't be accepted.
"It rarely happens!" They said to him. 



But, the Lord gave him favor and open doors...
And, then he was accepted to flight school. 



Once accepted, 
The Lord shifted out distractions
and gave him the desire to ONLY focus on his flying career.
He began his God' given Mission.



And, from there....
God continued to provide favor  ---
co-works, leaders and 5000 hours of protection doing all sorts of secret missions



Then, God's Mission Calling on Beloved's life became my Mission-Field too.
And, this favor placed on him has now been placed on me too.
And, it continues in so many, many ways!
It has been so exciting to be married to this wonderful Man.  



I am still amazed at what doors the Lord continues to open up to him!
And to me...
And to our Little Family!


Praise the Lord!
Truly, It is so wonderful to be on the sidelines supporting him!
 With every single soldier meal we make...
With every cookie sale we have to bake for...
With every gift wrapping fundraiser...
With every Ladies monthly meeting you attend...
 With every phone call we have to make...
With every baby that is born to some soldier's wife...
With every promotion ceremony we attend ...
With every visit we have to make to fallen soldiers families...
With every trip we are left at home...
With every trip we are allowed to go on...
We have so many ways to show God's Love through Beloved's Career.
   I am so thankful to the Lord for giving our Family such a wonderful Mission Field!


(Beloved's Dad as a Pilot in Vietnam at the age of 23.  Beloved as a Pilot. He had just turned 21. I wish I had a picture of his Grandfather as a Pilot too but apparently no one has a picture.)

7 comments:

  1. Early twenties - gosh, he doesn't look old enough to drive! :D

    Hope you're feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful memento's to have their in photograph's.

    I am sure the Lord will bless you and your family with even more wonderful missions that you could ever imagine before His flying days are over!!

    Praying for your health and that of your precious baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, I have tried several times to get into your blog from this new blog and also the other two older blogs. It won't let me. Can you send me an invite some how? Very strange. It is still coming in on my email though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful post!! My family and I are so thankful to men like your husband and to their families who support them. My dad was a veteran and I was raised to honor and respect our military forces. I have raised my children to do the same. Thank you and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great mission too! Isn't it amazing how God puts things in our heart from a young age that are a clue to our purpose in life! One time recently a preacher visiting our church asked us to do this....to think back to our childhood and what "it" was that we wanted to do / loved to do to give us a clue . Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this ♥
    Cant wait to see what God has in store for you all in the years ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, Carmen! So inspiring to see people following the Lord - and the way it blesses others as well!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a gift to me and they warm my heart. I read and treasure every one. If you leave a comment, I will visit you as well. ~ Carmen