Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Setting Goals

"If you want something you've never had, then you've got to do something you've never done before." - Zig Ziglar

Make goals.
1) financial
2) spiritual
3) physical
4) intellectual
5) family
6) social
7) career

Some goals are continual through out your life time and some have a limited time to be able to achieve.

Write Down Goals. 

Then, Ask these questions to prioritize your list.

Ask 5 questions in regards to your goal setting. (Question 2 and 3 are great for relationship goals.)
1)  Is this really my goal? Are you pursuing our own objectives or others?
2)  Is it morally right and fair to everyone that is concerned?
3)  Will it take me closer to or farther from my main objective?
4)  Can I emotionally commit myself to start and commit this project?
5)  Can I see myself reaching this goal? 

Narrow down to 4 goals!
Most of us can really only give complete effort and focus to 4 goals at a time.

What is your plan of action to achieve these goals?

Motivation follows after action!
Daily work through those small action goals each day to achieve the top 4 goals.

When obstacles arise you change your direction to reach your goal you don't change your decision to get there!

Who do you share your goals with?
1) You share your "GO UP" goals to ONLY with a few people. Only to those who will encourage and have every reason to believe and help you to reach those goals.  ex: promotion goal to the top
2) GIVE UP goals. You share with everyone in sight if it is a self improvement goal.  ex: lose weight, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a gift to me and they warm my heart. I read and treasure every one. If you leave a comment, I will visit you as well. ~ Carmen