Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve 2009

At Christmas, all roads lead home." ~ Marjorie Holmes, American writer.

Christmas Eve: We started off our Festivities with a call from Daddy who is at war. Everyone was so excited to hear his voice for the first time since he left. After weeks of missing him, hearing his voice brought so much joy to ALL of us! With new joy, a fully belly of Chili in our tummy, the Little Ones sat around my Parent's Christmas Tree waiting for Christmas Eve Present time to begin.

Keeping things as normal as possible, (with Daddy gone and being away from home) we kept our little Families tradition of opening gifts on the Eve of Christmas. (We do stocking on Christmas Morning.) All the gifts under the tree where just from Beloved and I tonight. (Presents from others will be given during Christmas Day) So, with a text to Daddy to tell him the Little Ones were opening the gifts from Beloved and I, we began! And on the other side of the world, Daddy opened his gifts from us at the same time! I wished so much during our little Family time that he could hear the giggles and see the joyful expressions. They were so appreciative of their little gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a gift to me and they warm my heart. I read and treasure every one. If you leave a comment, I will visit you as well. ~ Carmen