Monday, May 3, 2010

Vintage Cookie Jar and Butter Turner

Distance not only gives nostalgia, but perspective, and maybe objectivity. ~ Robert Morgan

I adore primitive decor.

This butter turner is something that I have been looking at for 2 years. I just couldn't convince myself to spend the price for it! Recently, I went into the store and I couldn't find it. My heart sank because I thought someone had bought it. But, as I was about to leave, I spotted it in a corner of the store. At that moment, I scooped it up and said, "This time you are coming home with me!"

When I got home, Beloved just smiled! I guess he knew I would buy it eventually!

At another antique store was this Cookie Jar. I definitely didn't need another jug. So, I walked away! 3 days later, I walked back in and bought it! It is so cute. The black part comes off to reveal the perfect place for cookies.

1 comment:

  1. Love the fun items!! Is the cookie jar the one you recently purchased when your dad was there?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a gift to me and they warm my heart. I read and treasure every one. If you leave a comment, I will visit you as well. ~ Carmen