Sunday, August 8, 2010

Throw-It-In BBQ Chicken

“You know, I bet this would taste even better if it were cooked in cast iron.” - Cast Iron Cooking



When cooking in Cast Iron if you don't want to do clean up you can just line the Dutch Oven with aluminum foil! (I try to ignore the aluminum toxins. sigh) You can do the bottom of the Dutch Oven too.






Add Boneless Chicken and your BBQ Sauce.



Get your coals hot!

We cook the BBQ Chicken in a 12" deep Dutch Oven.

To cook the Chicken on open fire just put about 9 hot coals on the bottom.

15 hot coals on top.

Cook for about 35 minutes (or until done).




Tender and Juicy!




It is a quick family camping dish.


*Recipe Beloved put together.

1 comment:

Your comments are a gift to me and they warm my heart. I read and treasure every one. If you leave a comment, I will visit you as well. ~ Carmen