Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Re-Do Denim Purse

"There is no such things as messing up when you are sewing. There are only opportunities." ~ Blinn (sews upholstery on jets)

The Little Lady is excited even though it is a little disturbing to the Little Man and the Little Gentleman that a pair of their worn out jeans got turned into a purse.


I guess it is a good thing that the Little Lady isn't particular because I had no idea what we were doing. (I literally followed youtube videos again) In the end, "At least it got completed."

Let me just give a huge hint. "Santa Baby needs to bring me some sewing needles and make a few of them denim sturdy!"



*I am beginning to feel better about learning how to sew. Using worn out items to learn makes me feel a little better when I am not spending money on new fabric since we make so many oops!

4 comments:

  1. I love it that the boys didn't want their pants turned into a purse! I can't blame them. You gals are doing pretty well with this sewing thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Tell her I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haaaahaaaaaaaa Carmen! I have snapped so many sewing needles on denim!! I know what you mean! The purse is adorable and how funny that the boys were silly about their jeans being turned into a purse! Ha. My boys would feel the same way. Adorable purse though!!! Way to go. Youtube can be so useful at times!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the confidance gained in this project. And the fun the two of you must have had in the needle breaking of it all. *big smile* Have a great day growing with your littles. Sincerely, Mommy of two little blessings & so much more!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a gift to me and they warm my heart. I read and treasure every one. If you leave a comment, I will visit you as well. ~ Carmen