Friday, January 7, 2011

Chunky and Duplo Legos

Creative thinking is not a talent, it is a skill that can be learnt. It empowers people by adding strength to their natural abilities which improves teamwork, productivity and where appropriate profits. - Edward de B.

Chunky Legos are so fun and help so much with thinking creatively.
And, they have now been handed down to the Little Miss.
(I wish I could find more Chunky Legos and not the Mega-blocks.)

The Little Gentleman made sure he gave her instructions on the *proper* way in building a Castle before he officially handed them over.

The other Children have graduated to the Duplo Legos. (2"x 5")
And, it didn't take long before I was gently informed that having 2 containers full was not going to be enough!

(a castle)

(an Airplane)

(a robot)


Praise the Lord for stackable containers! They keep me sane.

6 comments:

  1. Awww...So cute! I have to smile, our girls made all kinds of villages and things with those.

    I'll say it again, beautiful children. : )

    I so love blocks and the classic toys, who would have thought we would have had to call nice toys by a special label; classic? Oh my.

    So nice to see a family enjoying sweet things.

    Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your children are getting a lot of "creative time" - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief! your littleiest lady is sure growing FAST! Just since I have been falowing you here. *smile/sigh* Great building guys! I like the last one with the big...robot thing. *big smile* Great job and keep snapping those pictures momma. *smile* Sincerely, Mommy of two little blessings & so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little blessings!! Thanks for sharing them with us!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Grace used to play so much with legos. She has always been a builder. On your questions about the wood, we only have a wood stove that we use the wood in. It is however our major source of heat so it requires lots of wood. We have gas logs in the livingroom which we use to help heat the house when it is really cold. We are hoping by next winter to move the wood stove into the livingroom and get a wood cookstove for the kitchen. This would require redoing the chimney that is in the livingroom as it is not safe to use. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a gift to me and they warm my heart. I read and treasure every one. If you leave a comment, I will visit you as well. ~ Carmen