Monday, January 3, 2011

A Coat Prayer

"Money is the opposite of weather. Nobody talks about it, but every body does something about it." ~ B. Johnson

Mission #1
Stepping in to a department store to see if the coats were on sale, I discovered they were still only 1/2 off of $80. Not needing one immediately but knowing that the Little Lady's coat would only fit for a few more months, I decided to just wait until I could hit the odd-store-hours of a Consignment Store.



Mission #2
The Little Miss also needed a coat. Since we travel and are never sure what part of country we might have to go to, I had in the back of my mind that I would like to look for her a snow suit. She is 15 months so I wanted something that was in a 2T size simply because I wanted her to be able to wear it this year and next. I remember thinking it was probably going to be an impossible task. So, I said "Lord, Help me to find something for the girls eventually!" Then, I walked out of the department stores.



Mission Accomplished:
Several days later, I walked into the odd-store-hour Consignment Shop to find that God had them them waiting on me on the very day that I went! But, honestly why should I be surprised? God is good all the time!

White Coat $12.00
Teal Snow Suit $8.50

8 comments:

  1. Oh isn't that a wonderful blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great deals!! Love the color of the snowsuit! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful! I have to say that I don't tend to think of praying for help in finding clothing I need. As far as the cashmere sweater I recently got at the thrift store, I had wanted to go shopping there for quite a while, and kept getting thwarted, so it was good that I went that day!

    It sounds to me like you prayed, and then didn't worry about it, and that's how God seems to work best, isn't it? You ask, and He concerns Himself with it, while you are concerning yourself with your immediate duties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Carmen,
    What a true blessing from above!!!!
    I too pray for bargains. He is so faithful to answer us when we pray.

    Won't you consider joining my friend Tamara's "Counting my Blessings" with this precious post today?
    Your little girls is so adorable. Have a wonderful day, dear friend.
    Katia
    P.S. Tamara's blog is:
    www.bloghomemakersheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Certainly a blessing to count! I'm always amazed at His provisions and plans.

    Thank you for joining us and I hope that you will join again next week, too. I'll add your link to the linky right now.

    Blessings, Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carmen,

    This is truly one of those moments where I think, Our Lord just loves to surprise us with :)

    How wonderful indeed!

    Maria-a housewife:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love sales and bargains! I pray on any shopping adventure to find some good ones. I love how the Lord blesses us in everything.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a gift to me and they warm my heart. I read and treasure every one. If you leave a comment, I will visit you as well. ~ Carmen