Thursday, January 20, 2011

Leather Journals

“I rate enthusiasm even above professional skill.” ~ Sir Edward

My Parents gave the Little Ones some materials to make a leather journal. You can find step by step instructions here at my Mom's blog. She even shows what it looks like inside. For our project, the Little Ones used stencils and markers on the leather. They enjoyed making this project very much! And, Beloved thinks they were so cool that he is going to make him one for his Pilot Check List. Although, something tells me that his will be done with a leather stain and not nearly as colorful!


The Little Man's leather journal -- front and back.



The Little Lady's Leather Journal -- front and back



The book we read: "How I became a Pirate." It is not a favorite.

But, this would be a good "Lewis and Clark" or "Indian type" of theme craft too.
Linked to http://www.amommysadventures.com for stART.

11 comments:

  1. Those journals are so sweet, my little guy would love writting in one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special way to make a journal. I like how the paper is removable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post could not have come at a better time. We are beginning journals next week and these are perfect, and special too being handmade. Thank you for such a wonderful idea! Yours look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those turned out so nice. What a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful journals. Hubby and I both have worked with leather a lot. So much fun. Have a great day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They turned out really cute. Something they will cherish for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs, Donna, I am on a steep learning curve when it comes to leather crafting. I am finding my CHildren's desire and my skills are not matching!

    My Dad does it very well but they are oodles of miles away.

    I would love to see any projects that you and your husband have done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just made a post showing two of my old projects. Leather is so much fun. I am glad to see someone interested in working with it. Keep up the good work. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH, Thank You, Mrs. Donna for taking the time to put up your leather projects. The purse is georgous and the Indian Horse rider is absolutly my favorite!

    Mom and Aunt Sidney, go take a peak! She is an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aha! These are wonderful and the things precious memories are made of....

    Very neat that your parents give such imaginative gifts like this...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a gift to me and they warm my heart. I read and treasure every one. If you leave a comment, I will visit you as well. ~ Carmen