Sunday, January 30, 2011

Trust in the Lord

"The Horse is Prepared for the day of battle: but safety is of the Lord"
Proverbs 21:31

In Ancient Times, horses were not use for agriculture or traveling but for war only. This little tidbit helps when we hear the words, "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we will remember the name of the Lord our God." Doesn't it?


"No king is saved by the size of his army;
no warrior escapes by his great strength.

A horse is a vain hope for deliverance;
despite all its great strength it cannot save.

But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him,
on those whose hope is in his unfailing love,
to deliver them from death
and keep them alive in famine.

We wait in hope for the Lord;
he is our help and our shield.

In him our hearts rejoice,
for we trust in his holy name.

May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord,
even as we put our hope in you.
Psalm 33:16-22

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. I hope you don't mind but I shared on facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to let you know I made the 13 bean amish soup. It was a big success. All in my family liked it. I am taking the rest of it tonight to church for our fellowship meal. Thanks for sharing the recipe. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed this today. : ) So glad my trust in the Lord! He is Faithful. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huh. Our sermon was about this very verse today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a wonderful psalm! Even tho they're all great - you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post!

    Thank you also for your kind words about Hayley's jewelry, I greatly appreciate it and so does she.

    Have a great night!

    Blessings
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a gift to me and they warm my heart. I read and treasure every one. If you leave a comment, I will visit you as well. ~ Carmen