Monday, April 18, 2011

My Cycling Thoughts

I thought of that while riding my bike. ~ Albert Einstein, on the theory of relativity

Beloved is so in his element and the Children are enjoying trying out new trails. This trail took us cycling close to the military air strip. There is nothing like cycling underneath airplanes and helicopters as they are taking off and doing flight patterns.




I think Beloved probably will be going to work and doing a little “Praising the Lord” in regards to his happy cyclist! They did a total of 2O miles this week with more energy to spare! Although, there is no telling how much the Little Gentleman does actually. Daddy is actually the leg pumper! I caught the Little Gentlman crossing his legs on the top cross bar as he was being pulled along. Nevertheless, he makes sure he gets his supply of cycling snacks!



I only did 16 miles this week.

You now know who is holding up the progress! Unlike Einstein who changed the world with his genius as thoughts came to his mind while riding his bicycle, my thoughts are ONLY on soaking my sore muscles.

6 comments:

  1. I love the layout of your bikes, the carrier to the side and the other learning to peddle behind ... our two are like your older ones in the way that they can both ride their own bikes but they are different in so far as ours both have training wheels. We used to ride our bikes back where we lived where there was little to no traffic on some roads that were easy to get to, now that's not so. The people go 40mph and are texting and the like while doing so, I'm just not comfortable with ours on the road at that pace. Even in town there are few roads where people aren't driving a good speed while doing something else. I sure like your layout though. Keep on the road and enjoy your soaks between rides. *big smile* Sincerely, Mommy of two little blessings & so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful! We don't live where we can bike easily....esp. w/ littles in tow, but we vacation where biking is ALL that we do. We LOVE that little tag-a-long thing! We've just outgrown needing a trailer - but still need 2-3 tag-alongs! I think we'd really enjoy getting to bike where planes and helicopters were entertaining us! That seems like a perfectly wonderful thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are actually bike trails that are on the military installation that we have been doing. However, we will probably go off and do some of the “TRAILS from RAILS.” Many of them are also for cross country skiing and horseback riding. Have you heard about these? They are railroad tracks that have been turned into bike (and walking) trails. The idea is to connect all the old railroad tracks not being used for those who would like to exercise America safely. There are many sites that show the rails to trails. A few of them don't have my state but I know they have them since I have hiked them. ;)

    http://www.trailsfromrails.com

    http://www.railstotrails.us/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun!! You should come here and ride. We have bike paths!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I am sure those types of trails would be ideal riding conditions for my hubby!!! Unfortunately there is NOWHERE to just "ride bikes" around here. the kids go out and ride around the base but the roads are so busy and narrow that it is too dangerous just to go out for a ride :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You make me feel very lazy. 16 miles, I am so impressed. I am glad you are all having fun riding. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a gift to me and they warm my heart. I read and treasure every one. If you leave a comment, I will visit you as well. ~ Carmen