Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Is it cold yet? A bowl of Chili?

"A bowl of Chili is much improved by having had a day to contemplate its fate." - J. Gordon
 

It isn't cold here in the deep south but any dip in tempatures is a great excuss for Chili. 

Chili
3 cans of red beans, dark (kidney)
2 Chili packages (I use one hot and one medium - we like it spicy)
2 cans of tomato sauce (12oz -ish)
2 cans of stewed tomatoes (12 oz-ish)
1 large onion, chopped
2 pounds of ground beef

Brown Meat. Then add it to a pot and simmer all day!

P.S. I can not tell you if this is good with cornbread!
I eat my Chili with Doritos and Cheese!
Cornbread is for chuck wagon pinto beans. (heehee!)  ;)

2 comments:

  1. We eat our chili with Fritos and cheese. So yummy, and so not good for you...but who cares!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed looking at all of your posts under the category of Cooking: outside.

    They all look so tasty.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a gift to me and they warm my heart. I read and treasure every one. If you leave a comment, I will visit you as well. ~ Carmen