Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Tired Mile

If you pick 'em up, O Lord, I'll put 'em down. ~Author Unknown, "Prayer of the Tired Walker"

Last weekend, our family spent an afternoon hiking and having a picnic at one of our local state parks.

It was the Little Lass' first outside family outing.

The kiddos enjoyed exploring a new trail as usual.

And as you can see, they thought this hiking trail was nice because it gave them plenty of opportunity in practicing their frog catching skills.

The Little Miss also enjoyed finding a red leaf.  

But, even with all the "Stops and Looks",
apparently, I was still hiking to slowly!

He was our trail guide.

The mile hike was about all I could do just two weeks after delivery.
I had to rest afterwards and everyone else waited for me to catch my breath.
Then, they went swimming in the lake.

5 comments:

  1. I've been wondering about you - glad to see this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear from you! Looks like a nice outing!...hope the hike didn't take too much out of you...I think I was still laying on the sofa sipping tea two weeks after my deliveries, and I didn't have any extra healing that I was dealing with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wondering about you too but then to see you hiking two weeks after giving birth? !!! Amazing! looks like a nice day out though:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did great to hike a mile just 2 weeks after delivery. Looks like a great place to hike. Enjoy your day and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pics are SO BEAUTIFUL! Carmen, you take care of yourself missy. ; ) Hmm....That's a lot of walkin' gal.

    ; )

    This is one beautiful family indeed. I so enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a gift to me and they warm my heart. I read and treasure every one. If you leave a comment, I will visit you as well. ~ Carmen