Monday, September 3, 2012

Children's Library

When I step into this library, I cannot understand why I ever step out of it. ~ Marie de Sevigne
 
The Children's library has been unpacked for two weeks now. So, thankful to have these little treasure with us again! In this house, we have a walk in closet in the hallway that leads underneath the staircase. So, along the walls of the closet that stretches into the little nook under the staircase is little white cubbies full of books.
 
Mostly living books (fiction and non fiction) with just a little bit of twaddle too! 
 
 
It doesn't have much "reading" light so it can't be used as a reading nook but that didn't stop the little ones from making it their own. They placed a little white rocking chair in there and added some comfy pillows. 
 
 I like this little stage that they are all in but I have visions (delusional maybe?!) of everyone in different areas of the house reading books and sipping hot chocolate or tea on a cool winter evening! 
 

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't say your vision is delusional lol! Surrounded by good books and a love of learning will surely see your vision come to pass Carmen:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! What a great little space for them!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a gift to me and they warm my heart. I read and treasure every one. If you leave a comment, I will visit you as well. ~ Carmen