Monday, January 28, 2013

Character Reading

To err is human but to arr is pirate! - Kid Pirate Funny
 
 
 
The Little Gentleman's birthday is next month and he picked out pirate cups and plates for his birthday cake. So, we have been reading books on pirates and specifically pirateers. Not being fond of the Magic School house books but giving a quick glance out of their research guides they began learning about those famous stories and how real pirateers worked for the Kings. Throw in some silliness with a little Pippi Longstocking too and I shouldn't have been surprised when the Little Gentleman said, "Mom, if we have another baby could we name her Pippi Longstocking"
 
....Um! Sure..... Because redheaded pirates are normal in this house? 

1 comment:

Your comments are a gift to me and they warm my heart. I read and treasure every one. If you leave a comment, I will visit you as well. ~ Carmen