Thursday, August 1, 2013

Homemaker Defined My Way!

homemaker - a wife who manages a household while her husband earns the family income - the free dictionary

When did "Homemaker" not become an occupation?  

Yesterday, the military nurse said, "We can't JUST put Homemaker down as an occupation."
 I asked, "Domestic Engineer? Diva? I don't know what to tell ya."  
She smiled and gave me a look, "We need more information now."   
I said, "Regulations, huh? Alright. Type this in the blank for Other ..... Redheaded crazy lady who Home Schools 5 Children, ... Full Time Graduate Student at Embry Riddle, non-Prozac taker, non-drinker, non-smoker, no tattoos, who drives around a 12 Passenger Van with an un-specialized license plate. I am married to a "TYPE A" Special Ops Pilot, who is in the van with the 5 Children under the age of 10, probably only watching the clock, wondering if I am going to get out of this office in a timely fashion because he has to brief a General in two hours."
Her eyes were huge! She began to laugh.

When she was done, she said, "Perfect! You just made my day. " .
.... I have no idea what she really put down!

16 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! But I am surprised that she didn't want to write down "homemaker" - doesn't she know any others?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can't JUST put homemaker. There are so many extremely young military wives (very young at 17, 18, 19) that they monitor without them knowing because they don't have the coping mechanism to deal with military life. It is a precaution.

      Delete
  2. haha! LOVE your response. and homemaker not an occupation?? for all of us who are we beg to differ - seeing that i just finished my 16 hour shift minutes ago and sat down for practically the first time today!! ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. giggle... 16 hour shift! Amber, I am with ya! I told Beloved I needed a raise because I want to be paid overtime. He emptied his pockets. I got 37 cents out of the deal. He has been doing it ever since! He makes me laugh.

      Delete
    2. I've got the answer for you for next time. You are a "Research Associate in Child Development and Human Relations" and your qualifications are that you have an MRS Degree.

      Delete
  3. OH WOW! I would say "stay at home" is a FULL time job, but whatever people...loved your response. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't understand how anyone can not think that homemaker is an occupation! ha! Did she not have any children or a spouse? Because you could have a full time job or more even with one child and/or a spouse! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regulations are regulations in the military. They just do what they are told to do, it doesn't matter what the nurse thinks. She thought it was just as ridiculous as I did.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I am sure my records have colored tape all over it by now! But, what ever works to get me in and out faster.

      Delete
  6. Carmen!!! This made me laugh out loud. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, you are a hoot! Excellent answer! It's great that you understand regulations and can play along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your response! And it's nice to know there are other unmedicated moms out there--we're outnumbered!! ;)

    You know me from xanga~long-time-no-see! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a gift to me and they warm my heart. I read and treasure every one. If you leave a comment, I will visit you as well. ~ Carmen