Friday, September 5, 2014

Choosing New Music

"Life with out music would b flat!" - Music Quote

Ms. Crystal comes to our home every Wed to teach the three oldest piano.  She is a fabulous teacher. She has a classical piano degree. She has a gentle approach with teaching but she is tough as nails with the amount of practice items she gives them every week. She isn't unrealistic just a little happy bulldozer in her craft!   Each child could have anywhere between three to five new songs a week.


This week, the Little Lady and Ms. Crystal were deciding on extra books to pull pieces out of to use. The main spine of the Piano Lesson is the Faber Books.  I buy Theory, Performance, and the Lesson Books. Plus,  I buy  the Classical, Jazz, Hymn , Christmas books that go with that level too! You would think the books I buy in each level would keep them very busy! And it would if these two were not paired together! Ms Crystal along with the Little Lady who is a sponge!
They are looking at finding some pieces for the Little Lady to be able to play in case we decide to do our churches Fine Arts Competition next year.   The books are "Easy Hymn Solos: 10 Stylish Arrangements by Wendy Stevens, Book 2" and "Easy Hymn Solos: 10 Stylish Arrangements by Wendy Stevens, Level 3".   

Book 2: At the Cross, Be Thou My Vision, Come Thou Almighty King, I've Got Peace Like A River, Jesus What a Friend for Sinners,  O for a Thousand Tongues to Sing,  O Worship the King,  Praise Him in the Morning,  Praise to the Lord the Almighty,  This is My Father's World.

Book 3: All Creatures of Our God and King, All Things Bright and Beautiful,  Amazing Grace, Battle Hymn of the Republic,  Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing,  Count Your Blessings,  I Sing the Mighty Power of God,  Jesus Loves Me,  Joshua Fit the Battle of Jericho, Wade in the Water.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Carmen! Happy Friday to you. I love that your daughter has your red (beautiful!) hair, and that she's learning piano from a gifted teacher. All of those hymns are much loved and will be a joy to hear as she practices for you! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you posted this! I've been looking for Easy Hymns for my girls - I should have just asked you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie. You would not want to move to Arizona would you for a little while? Your beloved could come fly with my beloved. He is going to be the commander out there of the c27s. And, we are looking for pilots that have their fixed wing license from the organization. ;)

      Delete
    2. Oh, Arizona would be fun! I never know what will appeal to my guy, but I'll put a bug in his ear! :)

      Delete

Your comments are a gift to me and they warm my heart. I read and treasure every one. If you leave a comment, I will visit you as well. ~ Carmen