Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Beloved Bride's Chili

"Wish I had time for one more bowl of Chili" ~ Allegedly the dying words of Kit Carson the Frontiersman Mountain Man
Chili
3 cans dark red beans
2 Chili package (I use 1 hot and 1 regular -- mix up with what you like)
2 cans of tomato sauce
2 cans of stewed tomatoes
1 large onion, chopped
2 pounds of beef (or more--it is is truly whatever)

Directions: Brown Beef. Then, put all the other ingredients with the beef in a pot. Simmer until it smells so good you just have to eat it.

* I serve it with Doritos and Cheese
* Good in crock pot too!
* Picture stolen from my Mom whose Chili is not as hot or as thick as mine! ( I double ingredients but it is the same items) She will probably tell ya that her chili is better! Only agree with her on her blog not mine! ;)

3 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! Love Chili.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delish!! Did you cook this outdoors today? If so I'm extremely jealous!! We still have about 12" of snow in the yard. The only clear place is the sidewalk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I always love trying new recipes. Cold here again today. 8 degrees with a wind chill of below zero. I hope you have a wonderful day. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a gift to me and they warm my heart. I read and treasure every one. If you leave a comment, I will visit you as well. ~ Carmen