Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hooking Cornbread

"The North thinks it knows how to make corn bread, but this is a gross superstition. Perhaps no bread in the world is quite as good as Southern corn bread, and perhaps no bread in the world is quite as bad as the Northern imitation of it." ~Mark Twain (Samuel Langhorne Clemens) (1835-1910)~From an autobiographical sketch, 1898

It really wasn't nice of Mark Twain to pick on Northern Snow birds. But, there is a little truth in his quote. Well, if you think of the fact that you can't imitate making cornbread outside on an open fire in the winter while getting snow.



Courtesy of my Mom's photos that she took while camping a few weeks back, she made me just slightly envious because we had already winterized our camper.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this makes me hungry. I love cornbread. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it left out my (teehee) on my last post;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only a little bit. Because eventually I will be North (you never know, I could end up back with the Alaskan clan) and you will be South! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a gift to me and they warm my heart. I read and treasure every one. If you leave a comment, I will visit you as well. ~ Carmen