Friday, December 10, 2010

A Vintage Window

"It's a good reuse of something that comes from an old building that will now be productive." ~ Earnhart

I have two vintage windows that came from our old 1914 Farmhouse that I want to re-do! I am not exactly sure what to do with them though. I have considered stripping the paint and then putting mirrors in them. Any other suggestions? As of right now, I brought them in for hanging a few wreaths. It is nothing fancy since this is the Family Room with the Little Ones' Christmas Tree.

5 comments:

  1. What about giving it a slightly more distressed look and then making it the larger frame for a collection of black and white matted family pictures behind it or sepia toned prints?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I would live them the way they are, their simplicity would add charm to your family room.
    Love vintage things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what you're doing with them now. With each holiday or season change you can display something new inside the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of using your old window and I love the look of vintage. I like the black and white photo idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were in a store once and saw tables made from old windows. They just put a frame around the window with four legs attached. They were very cute and were selling for $40.00. Just an idea. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a gift to me and they warm my heart. I read and treasure every one. If you leave a comment, I will visit you as well. ~ Carmen