Tuesday, January 11, 2011

An Art Mask

“Are we to paint what's on the face, what's inside the face, or what's behind it?” Pablo Picasso quotes
Beloved and I handed over a white mask for her to paint and then we went to do different projects. When I came back in the room she was finished with the paint and wearing it already. I was startled. It was more intersting than I had imagined. I actually thought she would keep most of the mask white and put horses on it.

There is no doubt that this mask is being begged to be apart of the dress up box for when we are acting out a story. I can also picture it coming out during the movie "The King and I". Can't you see her fluttering about during the scene where the wives are all wearing a mask to tell the "Uncle Tom's Cabin" story?

Little Lady (age 7)

7 comments:

  1. Oooweee! that is quite the mask Little Lady. *smile* Made me think of different ways the Indians paint their faces for war. *big smile* Great job being bold and colorful! Yes, I was pictureing it when you mentioned the "Uncle Tom's Cabin" scene...very cute. *smile* Sincerely, Mommy of two little blessings & so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen avatar except for the trailer of it, but it instantly came to mind, which is I am sure not what your sweet daughter had in mind. Our kids did bean and grain mask at the grade school age to sort and count and arrange on the mask to give color and dimension. The still have them even these 8 + years later. I am sure whe will get many uses out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very bold isn't it? (Giggle.)

    No we haven't seen Avatar, Nichole. We don't actually watch a lot of tv or movies. But, I have seen a commercial of Avatar. It reminds me of the BLue Man Group. And, since my Uncle is the co-founder/owner and orginial Blue Man, it is possible she got her inspiration from that!

    The bean and grain mask sounds very intersting. Maybe we will do a mosaic -- something similiar to how the corn palace does with kernels from corn. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought of Blue Man too. She does have an artistic side and a budding eye for color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your uncle is founder of the Blue Man Group? A co-worker went to their show, and was fascinated by it! Your children are so creative - it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great project!!! It is hard to believe how young she is!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, I thought of Blue Man too. I am amazed by Little Lady's talent everytime you post something. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a gift to me and they warm my heart. I read and treasure every one. If you leave a comment, I will visit you as well. ~ Carmen