Wednesday, February 9, 2011

In Love With A Mystery part 1

"I am my Beloved's and my Beloved is mine" - Song of Solomon 6:3

Well, girls. I can't find my camera chip!

So, I thought I would share a love story little by little!

Now before I begin, you might want to know that Beloved's famous words to me is that he would never trade me in for 2 20 year olds. This cracks me up every time!

The first teasing reason is that it took him years to train me! He doesn't want to have to go through the pain again! (Only funny because it is a true. I was no Martha Stewart! Yes, I can laugh at myself now! And, now that I am trained to his specifics, he would be lost with out me!)

The second, He couldn't keep up with another woman. The one he has is a handful! (Redheads are not dramatic but we are passionate! And, so it doesn't really matter if all the details are true in this story. So, remember this is my story and I am sticking to it! )

My Daddy told Beloved that my middle name was "Go". (Honestly, The Men in my life are just to Honest!)

And, my Grandpa told Beloved, "No Refunds. No Exchanges and No Returns". (Now, that is a Warning isn't it?)

Ah! But, I am getting a head of myself.....

It was a Wed Night and it was around the time Church should have started. That is about all I remember about the time and the date.

I don’t remember why exactly I was not at our Family Church that night. My Grandfather was a Pastor and all my Family attended the Church in the City. We, however, lived in the Country and traveled in every time the Church doors were opened. I rarely missed Church so some details are somewhat foggy. But, I can only assume it was because that must have been the semester I had to take a night time College class and that evening’s class was cancelled.

I suppose those little tidbits don’t really matter because the reason why I wasn’t at Church isn’t nearly as important as was the destination I was going.

I was on an emotional road to nowhere, cruisen to my own beat, although physically I was in an old black pick-up truck probably listening to the silence of static. Yet, even the destination to where I was going wasn’t truly important. The details we are digging out are all in the U-turn. And, although I had a few U-turns that had happened before, this one was the U-turn toward love.

As I passed a church on the left hand side, I remember a passing feeling or this sense of longing to go there – although it was so quick. The thought that entered my mind as I looked at the large cross on the front of the Church was, “Your future husband is in there.”

Now, that thought to any girl in her 20's should stop them in their tracks!

But, not me! Just as the thought came into my mind, I remember asking myself, “ What do I do? Should I stop? Do I continue on to my Friends House? Do I go in? ”

I didn’t stop that night. I even passed up the U -turn road that takes you right into the parking lot. Nope. I didn’t make a U turn although everything in my mind and emotions did. I simply continued on pondering what had just popped into my crazy head and then I hid it in my heart not to be brought out until a year later....

(Oh! Yes, each post will be approved by Beloved and he will be adding additional comments along the way! So, yes, after all this story has already been written!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a gift to me and they warm my heart. I read and treasure every one. If you leave a comment, I will visit you as well. ~ Carmen