Friday, September 27, 2013

Collard Green Flop


"You have succeeded in making the best caramelized sugar apple collard Greens I have ever tasted. However, it still taste like I am eating grass!"  -- Beloved
(He was worth quoting!)


My produced Mystery Box came in again.

Apples.
Lettuce
Sweet Potatoes
Squash
Cucumbers.
Tomatoes
Radishes
Okra
I think Mustard Greens
Collard Greens

I am on my way to making a post about the 100 ways can should not make Collard Greens.

Direct me to good recipes for Sweet Potatoes, Butter neck and Acorn Squash, Mustard Greens and Collards!


1 comment:

  1. I'll have to find that recipe on the squash soup, it was so wonderful....

    I need to post it soon as soon as we find it for our files!

    I love greens, we have them at least once a week, I put an inch or two of water in the pot, cook a full large pot of them like that over low heat, then when done, drizzle olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder. Voila. Beautiful and very good. Rinsing them several times is the trick too. My Italian grandma never washed hers less then 3 times. Remove stems.

    Good eatin' ; )

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a gift to me and they warm my heart. I read and treasure every one. If you leave a comment, I will visit you as well. ~ Carmen