Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day Balloon Release

"Heroes never die. They live on forever in the hearts and minds of those who would follow in their footsteps." -  Emily Potter

Memorial Day is a quiet remembrance day for us. 
We remember all of our soldiers in the wars. 

However, we also pay a special tribute in releasing balloons in honor of several military missions where our Military Family paid the ultimate sacrifice.   

 
Our tradition is to send off balloons with a note. 
The Note tells who we are honoring and the destination that we sent the balloons from is also included. We ask that if anyone finds the balloons that they write to us to tell us where they found them. This allows us to track how far the balloons have gone. We have always received incredible letters.  
We received this letter from the woman who found these particular balloons. 
She said,  "Your balloons touched down in my horse pasture in Dunn, NC. My horses chased after them, wish I had video! Anyhow my friend Carole is the one holding them in the picture and we really thought it was neat. A wonderful reminder of our loved ones lost. I will share the story on my Facebook page."



After the release of the balloons. 
We grill out. 
The typical Hamburger, Hot Dog American Grill Meal. 

And, then we always go for a hike. 




My Memorial Day outfit. 
I wear a Military gold/silver pendant necklace every year.
(When Beloved is deployed to War I wear a gold flight wing necklace.)





1 comment:

Your comments are a gift to me and they warm my heart. I read and treasure every one. If you leave a comment, I will visit you as well. ~ Carmen